Dragonball Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragonball Roleplay

A text based roleplay set in the Dragonball Universe.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Pursuit of Expertise! Nailo Ventures Forth!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nailo

Nailo

The Pursuit of Expertise! Nailo Ventures Forth! Empty
PostSubject: The Pursuit of Expertise! Nailo Ventures Forth!   The Pursuit of Expertise! Nailo Ventures Forth! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 12:02 am

Nailo, running as fast as he could, was on his way home. He had to confront his mother, and also ask her to let him leave. He knew he was young, and probably foolish. But he had to find out who he was, surely she would understand that. She had to, she was his mother! Nailo was so close, his mind running with a thousand questions and a million emotions. He wasn’t human, not entirely. His mother was completely human, that much he knew. So at most he could be half human, half something else. What that something else was, was far beyond his knowledge. Perhaps he would find someone who knew though. That was his plan now. He had to stay calm to talk to his mother. He figured the fastest way to calm down would be to train as he went. He jumped into the air every few feet and would burst his ki around him, allowing him to float. Eventually, he was able to stay just above the ground, without falling. He floated the rest of the way home and when he got to his bedroom window, he opened the window and climbed in. Little did he know, his mother was standing right in the door way. She saw his tail, saw him sneak in, knew he had been gone, and had also watched him fly. She was caught between full blown rage, and complete devastation.

“Mom wait! I can explain!” Nailo began, but she quickly burst into tears. She was always difficult to handle, but this was taking things over the top. “How could you betray me like this?! Your tail grew back?! Why didn’t you tell me? We could have had it removed again Nailo! Do you like walking around embarrassing me?!” Nailo looked at the ground. Wait a minute; she knew exactly what was going on? She knew he had a tail in the past? He kept it from her for fear of her thinking he was some sort of a freak. She knew he wasn’t fully human, yet she kept it from him. Why would she do something like this? He now was the one feeling betrayed but for the sake of letting this get done and over with, he had to ignore it. “Mom... I’m not fully human, you know that. I need to find out what I am. I can fly, I can shoot things from my hands, I have a tail. I can sense people around me. I have to find out why I can do these things. I can help the people of Earth with my abilities mom. I have to do this; there is nothing you can do to stop me on this one mom. Please, understand that.”

Nailo expected his mother to burst into a fit of unbridled rage, ready to tear him limb from limb, yet all she did was nod. She nodded her head and allowed him to go on talking. That is until something happened next that neither of them expected. There was a knock at the door. A woman had come to the door and she was hollering. “Hello? Is anyone home? I saw a boy fly into Nailo’s window, he had a tail. Is everything okay in there? Should I call the police? Hello?!” There was sheer panic in the eyes of Nailo’s mother. Nailo had to leave now. He couldn’t explain himself any further than this, but it had to be done. “Mom I have to go. Say I am at a friend’s house or something; I’ll be back as soon as I can find the answers I am looking for mom. Please, do this for me and stay strong." Nailo turned to the window, paused, turned back to his mother, gave her a huge hug and then flew out the window, flying as fast as he could away. His aura around him, and his speed, would make it look like an orange bullet shot from his room. He hoped that would provide enough of an excuse for his mother, that she would be able to come up with a story to protect both her secret and his.

Nailo passed over the cliff where he saw that girl from earlier. He had to leave still, there was nothing left for him to stay and watch in this city. He was curious to go look at West City, but he still felt a great power from there and it was much too strong for him to be able to do anything about. So for now, he would get stronger and stronger, biding him time to be able to help Earth. He had to rise to the occasion and become a mighty warrior. He knew his fighting skills, strategically, were good. But when it came to actually fighting, he was always hesitant, not wanting to engage in a fight if he could help it. Nailo continued flying, feeling a strong power out towards the ocean. He then experienced a great shock; one he hoped wouldn’t happen for quite some time. He lost control of his flying and started to fall towards the water. “Nooooo! I need to stop this!” Nailo reach his hands out in front of him, looking at the water. He focused energy around his hands and saw a large ball of yellow energy forming. The ball continued to grow and eventually, after a good amount was stored up, burst forth. The beam connected with the water, sending a wall of water up around him, but clearing it out from beneath him for a split second that he needed. He focused on his flight again and burst up into the air to escape the impending doom of the water that was about to come crashing down atop him. Nailo had just used the Masenko, without even realizing he had done such an attack. He sighed a breath of relief, realizing that at least for now, he was safe, for now, he could relax on his flight and carry on towards the island. He could see it in the distance. It was a small island, with a few palm trees. There was a large pink house that looked like it had been rebuilt a few times.

Nailo sat around in the air, watching the building carefully. He wasn’t sure if he should go down there or not. He could definitely feel some strong power levels down there; it felt like there were multiple people there. Nailo began moving towards the island, but suddenly saw a thick blue beam coming towards him. He moved swiftly to the left, narrowly dodging this beam. Nailo stood in total shock, not sure how to react to this attack that had just been launched at him. He burst forth towards the island even faster now, he had to declare that he wasn’t here to attack anyone or cause a fight, he only wanted to talk. He saw an old man, bald on his head with a thick white beard. He wore glasses and summer wear. There was a turtle on the beach as well, with a fat pig nearby as well. Nailo raised his hands and stood there, not moving a muscle. “My name is Nailo... I am not here to fight. I felt there was a strong energy here. I am looking to find out if you know anything about me, what I am, or why I can do these... special things that I don’t think anyone else can do.” Nailo stood there as Master Roshi looked at him, he was analyzing a perspective student and didn’t want to send him off without teaching him anything. However, Master Roshi needed to do just that, it wasn’t his place to teach this boy anything right now. He had to go to someone who had better knowledge of the situation, someone who knew more about what he was than Roshi did. “You need to fly in that direction” Master Roshi said, pointing to the sky, apparently at nothing. “Are you serious? What am I going to find in the sky? I came all the way here and you’re just going to turn me away?”

“Look boy, I don’t know who you are... You haven’t shown yourself to be worthy of the training I have to offer. Go now, to the palace in the sky, and you will find the answers you are looking for. Now if you’ll excuse me.” The old man reached for a magazine and started to read it. Nailo was old enough to know what that was and he suddenly thought less of this supposed expert he had found. In his irritation, Nailo flew up into the sky and headed off towards the sky. Palace in the sky? What the heck could that mean?! He had to find it though, it would have the answers he was looking for, when no other place would!and it was these answers that Nailo was wanting more than anything right now.

Back to top Go down

The Pursuit of Expertise! Nailo Ventures Forth!
Page 1 of 1