Dragonball Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragonball Roleplay

A text based roleplay set in the Dragonball Universe.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TOONAMI Fans Assemble!!!

Go down 
+2
Izumi
APNK
6 posters
AuthorMessage
APNK

APNK

TOONAMI Fans Assemble!!! Empty
PostSubject: TOONAMI Fans Assemble!!!   TOONAMI Fans Assemble!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 6:55 pm

Tom's First Toonami Intro for DBZ was friggin' awesome! Seriously, if you all remember the days of rushing home from school in time to see DBZ in the afternoon on Toonami, GIMME SOME LOVE!!!!! I know some are too young to remember Moltar, Tom's predecessor, but he was a damn beast as well. Toonami, as a whole, and I mean, LONG BEFORE they started airing Naruto, was just golden! They were masters of advertisement and hype, too. They could get you so excited for their shows because their commercial ads were so well-put-together. I mean, they had me watching a full season of Tenchi Muyo, and I didn't even like that show; it was just that the commercials made it seem so excellent! Fuckin' Sailor Moon looked like one of the best animes of all time when you saw the commercials on Toonami.

So, click that link up top and enjoy the first of this topic's many Toonami promo's, which we will be watching, enjoying, and fangirling all over in this topic.

TOONAMI Fans Assemble!!! Toonami_Tom_by_WolfDeano

Last edited by APNK on Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Izumi

Izumi

PostSubject: Re: TOONAMI Fans Assemble!!!   TOONAMI Fans Assemble!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 7:05 pm

Wow, I felt all alone in the world; being one of the few that was here for Moltar, even though I never could remember his name. x]
Good to know there are other nerds out there.
Back to top Go down
Kye

Kye

PostSubject: Re: TOONAMI Fans Assemble!!!   TOONAMI Fans Assemble!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 9:50 am

Two words: Midnight Run.

Everything was so much cooler with blood and cursing.
Back to top Go down
APNK

APNK

PostSubject: Re: TOONAMI Fans Assemble!!!   TOONAMI Fans Assemble!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 10:07 am

Kye Kyske wrote:
Two words: Midnight Run.

Everything was so much cooler with blood and cursing.
^Verbatim
Back to top Go down
APNK

APNK

PostSubject: Re: TOONAMI Fans Assemble!!!   TOONAMI Fans Assemble!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 11:15 pm

Since Kye brought it up, our next Toonami feature is, of course, a Midnight Run Promo during Tom's early days. Chiggy chiggy check it, y'all!

BUT, just like they did on Toonami's Midnight Run, we're in need of a Double Wammy, so I decided I'd indulge Izumi for the older nerds like ourselves who remember Moltar. Here's Moltar's DBZ Intro in '98!!! Woot woot!
Back to top Go down
Rain Edge

Rain Edge

PostSubject: Re: TOONAMI Fans Assemble!!!   TOONAMI Fans Assemble!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 6:55 am

Am I the only one who wanted an anime with those guys in it?
Back to top Go down
APNK

APNK

PostSubject: Re: TOONAMI Fans Assemble!!!   TOONAMI Fans Assemble!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 8:41 am

You are not alone, Ryoku! I thought it would have been worth it. I enjoyed those little plots they used to have every now and then. The ship would get attacked by some blobular creature, and Tom would seemingly die only to return as a new and improved Tom, taller and more muscular.
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Admin
Admin
Monkey

PostSubject: Re: TOONAMI Fans Assemble!!!   TOONAMI Fans Assemble!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 7:41 am

Tom I's death was a heavy impact on me when I was younger.
We used to worship him in grade school and when he died we assumed that there had to be other Toms with different abilities...so we decided to play a game where we were the 'Toms' taking on anime villains...I was Tom 4. Good times, good times.
Back to top Go down
Kembu of Konats

Kembu of Konats

PostSubject: Re: TOONAMI Fans Assemble!!!   TOONAMI Fans Assemble!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 10:32 pm

You are SO not alone, Monk. I've always been a member of the Church of Tom, too. Plus, the Toonami ships were always so awesome!
Back to top Go down
APNK

APNK

PostSubject: Re: TOONAMI Fans Assemble!!!   TOONAMI Fans Assemble!!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 4:32 am

Sorry for the delay. Okay, guys, look. This is my absolute favorite Toonami promo or intro or anything like that! I was never more excited about any television event in my entire life than I was for the following clip. I was sitting on my couch watching TV one day, another DBZ re-run, no biggy, I'm cool with it. Then, the commercial break comes, so start to get up to use the restroom. I fuckin' slip, trip, and flip as I attempt to sit up when this, arguably the greatest promo for anything EVER, airs on television: The "DBZ Second Coming" Commercial.

New episodes?! Are you serious?! FUCKIN' FINALLY!!! I'VE WAITED SEVEN ETERNITIES FOR THIS!!! Tom, a sincere thanks.
Back to top Go down
Kembu of Konats

Kembu of Konats

PostSubject: Re: TOONAMI Fans Assemble!!!   TOONAMI Fans Assemble!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 9:36 am

Toonami intro for DBZ Season 4 (Trunks Saga, Android Saga, part of Cell Saga)

Tom's 3rd DBZ Intro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TOONAMI Fans Assemble!!!   TOONAMI Fans Assemble!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TOONAMI Fans Assemble!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dragonball Roleplay :: Other :: Caffe Bar-
Jump to: