Dragonball Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragonball Roleplay

A text based roleplay set in the Dragonball Universe.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Questions...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rain Edge

Rain Edge

Questions... Empty
PostSubject: Questions...   Questions... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 6:50 pm

Seeing as i can't find another place to ask, I'll ask here.

What determins our Power Levels? What do you start out with, etc, and how do you train them to make them higher?

Why do people post a number after each post? I've gathered it's the number of words, but why?

How do you train attacks? How do you get training from people. I saw some apps says Picallo trained them and all, and I'm confused. Is this AU, or what?

More later.
Back to top Go down
Kye

Kye

Questions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions...   Questions... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 10:29 pm

Well to answer the most basic of your questions, your PL starts at 150. You train it...well, fairly free-form, by doing training stuff. Focusing your Ki, punching, kicking, sparring and fighting. There isn't a set requirement that you write - all of the words count toward raising your power level if it makes sense (obviously sitting around talking won't, but arm-wrestling with someone that is around your level would). Refer to the chart here: https://dragonballroleplay.rpg-board.net/t108-stat-guidelines for how your Power Level increases by words typed.

For example - you start with 150. You train 150 words. Your formula, since you are currently in the first tier and human, for raising your power level with those words would be 150 * 0.5 = 75. You would then add this 75 to your Power Level of 150 to make 225. 225 would be your new Power Level.

People post the number after each post just to keep count of what words they are going to use to train, and put in their updates after the topic is done.

Training attacks....hasn't officially been worked out yet. Sorry, but this is what you get for Beta testing!

Training from people...you know I'm not entirely sure, myself. I just assumed they put that in there for story. I think that this is not AU but far, far in the future.
Back to top Go down
APNK

APNK

Questions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions...   Questions... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 10:53 pm

Yeah, some people (the only one I can remember is Elixar) have included Canon characters in their bios, but if you actually read Elixar's, you'll see that this is because he is from a parallel universe; therefore, he didn't meet our Piccolo. At any rate, if you would like to include Canons in your history, you can because they do exist in the current time. In fact, they are used as "Trainers", as we call them. These "trainers" are people with whom you can train to learn certain abilities like Flying, Sensing Ki energy, and a wide variety of other things. Many of these trainers teach certain, basic necessities, but several of them offer an opportunity for you to learn something that's just cool. There will be more about this added in due time as we implement the system to work out all the kinks. Again, Beta implementation can be slow sometimes since some things are still being developed from scratch.
Back to top Go down
Rain Edge

Rain Edge

Questions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions...   Questions... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 1:56 am

So then, in the meantime, what do I need to do to get stronger?
Back to top Go down
APNK

APNK

Questions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions...   Questions... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 6:44 am

You just RP your training as you deem fit. This system is very loose and accommodating (relatively, I suppose), so you just train in the way that seems right to you; your word count has no limit for benefits. It's just a gauge for how much you get. Instead of needing X amount of words to gain points, you gain a certain number of points based on however many words you choose to write. You're currently in the first tier of Power Level (PL) development, so your WC is halved; that quotient is the number of points you get to add to your Power Level. ALL fighters start at 150 PL. So you do a post of 500 words. 500(.5) = 250. 250 + 150 = 400. Your new Power Level is 400. You do another post of 1200 words training. 1200(.5) = 600. 600 + 400 = 1,000. Your new PL is 1,000. At 1,000, your tier changes so that instead of halving your word count, you multiply it by 1, so it just stays as is. You can refer to the Rule Section on stats to see what the tiers are and what they're benefits are. When you reach 1,000, you start multiplying by 1 instead of .5 with your word count. So you do another post of 500. 500(1) = 500, so 500 + 1000 = 1,500. Your new PL is 1,500.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Questions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions...   Questions... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Questions...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dragonball Roleplay :: Other :: Caffe Bar-
Jump to: