Dragonball Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragonball Roleplay

A text based roleplay set in the Dragonball Universe.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Typical Dragonball Scene

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kembu of Konats

Kembu of Konats

Typical Dragonball Scene Empty
PostSubject: Typical Dragonball Scene   Typical Dragonball Scene Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 10:10 pm

Kembu had finished his studies for the day and departed from his home. His mother had asked him to get some firewood before his father returned from work. His mother was, more or less, a housewife now, having quit her job during pregnancy, and his father worked in the coal mines. Kembu was the first in three generations of his family to bring the art of fighting back. Having recently turned fifteen, he had quite a bit of training under his belt now, and he was, thus, the strongest in his family by far. He walked into the forest with the calm breeze blowing through his spiky, red hair; his golden scarf fluttered in the wind slightly as well.

Kembu's sword remained sheathed, but he was prepared to use it for one of the trees around him. Eventually, he happened upon a massive tree that suited him. He stared at it for a moment and smiled. His left hand gripped the hilt of his katana and pulled it free of its case. He assumed a stance indicative of his mastery with blades and unleashed a barrage of slashes that cut the tree into nothing but mere logs, which required him to also jump a great height in order to perform this on the entire tree. He landed and quickly sheathed his sword, and his palms came together as he bowed slowly with his eyes closed. The tree fell with a bit of a delay, and all the logs landed around him.

As he was carrying these many logs back to his home, he heard an odd noise behind him, as though someone or something had followed him from the forest. A giant dinosaur was running after him, quickly closing the distance between them as it roared. "Yikes!" Kembu shouted. He started running, but he was significantly slower than usual since he was carrying so many heavy logs. The dinosaur was slowly catching up to him. "You don't wanna eat me! Why don't you try fish today?!"

He kept running as he shouted until finally he stopped, turned around, and threw the logs high into the air. "Okay, you asked for it," Kembu said. "Heeeeeeeyyyaaaaaaahhhhhh" A blue orb of Ki energy launched from Kembu's right hand toward the dinosaur's torso and fried the beast entirely. Kembu caught each log as it landed and said, "Welp, I'll be back for you, Mr. Dinosaur. My dad will be glad to finally eat some dinosaur for the first time all month. Don't you go anywhere, kay?"

Kembu headed home, leaving the dinosaur unconscious with swirling eyes and its tongue hanging comically out of its mouth. He brought home the firewood and informed his mother that he would be heading back out for the meat he had acquired. It was all just a typical day in the life of a Konatsian warrior.

{477 words}
Back to top Go down
Kembu of Konats

Kembu of Konats

PostSubject: Re: Typical Dragonball Scene   Typical Dragonball Scene Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 2:09 am

Konats was a rather peaceful planet as a whole, so Kembu’s short episode with the cutting of logs from a tree and the playful combat with a dinosaur were the most practical uses of his strength from day to day. The whole point of any warriors on the planet training at all was because of situations like the original day of Kembu’s birth. His mother had been in labor when a fearsome attack took place on the planet Konats.

The fact of the matter was that Konats had made an ill-advised move in sheltering the Tuffle refugees that the Saiyans clearly wanted to exterminate. Having finally located these refugees and confirmed the existence of their camps on Konats, the Planet Vegeta sent Saiyans to destroy the camps. Their war was not with Konats, so they would not directly attack the Konatsians; however, it was assumed to be inevitable that the Konatsians would involve themselves in the combat. The Saiyans merely saw fit to treat this mission the same way they treated other allegedly “weak” planets; they sent very small squads accompanied by two children whose names were still known throughout Konatsian history to this day: Asperok and Genzhi. These children transformed into giant apes and wreaked havoc indiscriminately upon the planet.

Matters like those riddled Konats’s history, so it was imperative to them that they train warriors to be ready for such occasions. This was something that always lingered in the back of Kembu’s mind no matter what was going on around him. He had just brought in logs and a massive, fried dinosaur for the family to eat, so his mother called for the extended family to join them that night for a lovely feast of no expense. The convivial gathering, at which the inexorable consumption of libation proved superfluous, could only be upheld for a short while. Kembu’s cousins of the same age (15) and younger continually tested his awesome strength by feeling his biceps and arm wrestling. He was the only fighter in his family, so he loved these times; furthermore, he loved his family.

The heartwarming scene was paused, as there was a knock at the door. No one paid any attention to it, not even Kembu or his father, who both felt assured that Kembu’s mother would answer it, which she did. As she opened the door, far from the dining room of the impressively sizable house, she asked, “May I help you?” with the wide smile of a great hostess as well as closed eyes and a tilted head. She opened her eyes and saw nothing until looking down at the very short visitor that had arrived. He seemed so mysterious in his short stature and hooded, navy blue cloak. His eyes peered through red glasses, and his skin was olive green but just barely visible. “You may be able to help me, as a matter of fact,” he replied. “Are there any strong, young, male bodies in the house?”
Typical Dragonball Scene 250px-Medaka_2
The strange request caught her off guard, and she was taken aback; as such, she failed to answer the question before two soldiers, both clad in armor and skin-tight, black pants, appeared behind him. Both had blasters on their right arms and aimed them at the woman. Her eyes witnessed the slow build of yellow energy within these blasters. In the dining room, all that could be heard was a frantic scream followed by the sounds of lasers blasting through walls. She ran through the house as the soldiers calmly followed her, walking instead of running. Their matching helmets with visors made them identical. The family was roused from its happy time as the soldiers entered the dining room slowly and stared at them all for a moment. Everyone was silent; then, the soldiers lifted their blasters, and everyone gasped.

Kembu jumped on the table abruptly as both blasts were shot, and he quickly deflected them with both hands to protect his family. “Run!” he shouted, and the family scattered out the back door and into the backyard. The youngest cousin still stood there motionless as they prepared to open fire on her. “Damn it,” Kembu said as he raced to the small boy with lasers whizzing past him, picked the boy up, and dashed out the window.

((OOC: "Trouble on Konats" (Drag You Down, Finger Eleven)))

From outside, Kembu stood up and saw the moonlight shining on a very short figure that stood on the roof of his house. The two soldiers ran outside and began firing again, but Kembu charged both of them head-on, weaving in and out between lasers as he said, “Huuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhh Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!” The emphasis was on the second grunt as it synchronized with his fists both going into the stomachs of the two soldiers. Then, Kembu jumped up to the roof of his house to engage the small figure in combat. When he landed, he equipped his katana and shouted his question, “Who are you? Answer me!”
“Yes,” the short being said, “you are exactly what I am looking for.”
“What?”
“I am Kakuja[1], previous lead scientist for the now deceased Super Namek known as Lord Slug[2].”
“Namek?”
“I am a demon whose lifespan greatly exceeded his, and I shall continue to perpetuate my life now; however, to do so, I must once again don yet another body as I have every thousand years or so.”
“A body?”
“Preferably a stronger body than this feeble one I currently employ. My creatures will see to it that you serve my purpose.”
“Say what?”

More soldiers climbed up onto the roof from far behind Kakuja. This time, there were eight of them. Kakuja jumped up into the air and began to fly into the sky, and Kembu could not follow him because he could not fly. The soldiers swarmed him, and he engaged them in a fight, displaying his excellent skill in combat. One came at his ten o’clock and attempted to punch Kembu in the head while another came at his two o’clock to kick him in the ribs. Kembu blocked the punch with his left elbow and caught the kick with his right hand as two more approached directly ahead. He quickly dropped low and spun three hundred sixty degrees in counterclockwise rotation with his left leg extended; this roundhouse leg sweep tripped the two whom he had just blocked as well as a third encroacher, but the fourth managed to jump over it since he was a half second behind the third.

Each of the three soldiers tripped and fell on their sides, and Kembu quickly jumped from his low stance toward the fourth soldier to plunge his right knee into the soldier’s helmet, crashing through the tinted visor and smashing said headgear. He landed on his right toes as the soldier hit the ground, and the first three soldiers began to get up as Kembu charged the next four. He darted toward one target and stabbed his sword into the soldier’s abdomen with his left hand, yanking it out quickly. His right leg came up high with force and smashed into the side of the helmet of an enemy to his left as the first three approached from behind him.

Kembu found himself surrounded, rapidly dodging, parrying, and blocking several strikes in quick succession. Occasionally, his blade would sweep horizontally to slice the armors of his enemies, but being so outnumbered, there was little he could do until he finally back-flipped out of the huddle and landed four meters from his targets before immediately jumping even further back along his rooftop. As he glided backward through the night air, his right hand formed a light blue sphere of energy and threw it at the five remaining soldiers. This exploded and, thus, destroyed a corner of his house, but it took the soldiers with it.

“Yes,” said Kakuja from above Kembu as he floated high in the air, “such marvelous power. You will make an excellent host. Your power level is among the highest on this planet according to our computer, so I should have no trouble conquering Konats in your body.”
“I won’t let you take over my home! I’d rather die!”
“Hahaha, well, don’t worry; your preference is just as likely to happen, young man.”

Above Kakuja, a flying saucer suddenly became visible as though it had been cloaking itself so far. Out of it dropped a gargoyle whose wings flapped eventually so as to hover next to Kakuja who said, “Welcome, Dorobado[3], I need you to kill this child for me, but leave the body in tact.”
“Of course, Lord Kakuja,” he answered.
Typical Dragonball Scene Gargoyle_by_db_own_universe_arts-d35iemn
((OOC: "Bigger Problems" (Stupefy, Disturbed)

The bulky gargoyle flew down toward Kembu with bulging muscles and much rage. He shouted, “Rrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!” as he charged at Kembu, but long before reaching the red-haired fighter, a purple beam of energy shot from his mouth. Kembu gasped in shock as the beam quickly reached him, leaving him with only enough time to put up his guard and block as much as possible. The explosion destroyed yet another corner of the house—demolishing a much larger chunk than Kembu’s damage had been—and knocking Kembu down to the ground harshly.

On the ground, Kembu opened his eyes to see Dorobado charging him and closing in fast for the kill. He launched at Kembu fist-first, and his arm plunged straight into the dirt—Kembu having rolled to the left to dodge it. While on his hands and knees, Kembu kicked with his left leg, and his foot knocked Dorobado in the head. The kick appeared to have little effect, so he performed a short series of back-handsprings to put distance between he and the beast. Dorobado pursued and performed a combo: two punches followed by a kick. Kembu dodged both punches, leaning left and then leaning right for evasive purposes, but Dorobado’s right knee drove itself right into Kembu’s gut. After this, a simple uppercut launched Kembu high into the air, soaring toward the sky as blood leaked from his mouth. Finally, Dorobado ended it all with the same oral beam from earlier.

Kembu, still flying higher and higher against his will, looked down and saw the approaching ki energy. He didn’t panic, though; instead, he summoned energy from within and blasted a beam of his own. His Konatsian Honor was at stake and, fighting an opponent stronger than him, he seemed to almost double in strength, shouting "Noooooooooo!" as his light blue ki wave zoomed toward its purple opponent. Dorobado’s scouter began to react, measuring a sudden, unexpected increase in Kembu’s Power Level as the two beams approached each other.

The energies collided, and pushing his beam against another kept Kembu elevated in the air. Slowly but surely, Dorobado’s beam gave way to Kembu’s, which eventually reached him and ignited a massive explosion due to the contribution of both blasts. Kakuja was stunned as he watched this event unfold. “What?” he said, “He practically doubled his power in the event of being so greatly outmatched, and it would seem that he could focus his energy during an attack to become more powerful with just a simple ki wave. Remarkable… This is not over, Kembu! I shall return with my stronger henchmen after visiting Arcose to retrieve them, and you will fall to their knees. You think you’ve won?! Hahaha, don’t flatter yourself! You’ve only made me that much more determined to steal your body!”

With that, Kakuja flew back up into his spaceship, which abruptly took off into the atmosphere. Kembu landed in the grass only twenty meters from the shallow crater in which Dorobado’s body lay. His family approached from behind him with much love and thanks. His mother was quite worried and wanted to immediately tend to his injuries. All were exceedingly proud of him, as he had saved them from certain death at the hands of Lord Kakuja, but Kembu was not satisfied. He said, “I must get stronger. Kakuja said he’d come back after a trip to Arcose, which only takes a few days, and his other henchmen are all stronger than this guy was. I could barely beat him.” Indeed, things looked bleak for the future, and Kembu would need to find a solution as soon as possible.

To be continued…

[2025 + 477 (last post) = 2,502wc. First 1700(.5) = 850 PL + original 150 = 1000 PL. 2502 - 1700 = 802wc(1) = 802 + 1,000 = 1,802 PL.]
  3. Dorobado - The gargoyle in this story has the original, Japanese name of one of Lord Slug's minions in the 4th DBZ Movie: Lord Slug.
  4. Music in this post came from the original Lord Slug Movie.
Back to top Go down
Kembu of Konats

Kembu of Konats

PostSubject: Re: Typical Dragonball Scene   Typical Dragonball Scene Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 8:21 am

”It’s Up to Dende”

Eight hours had passed since the horrible tragedy that had struck Kembu’s family. The demon had departed in the night, and the sun had risen as if to punctuate the dawn of a brighter day. Still, though, the sky was a bit overcast, foreboding. Kembu knew that it wasn’t over yet because Kakuja had sworn his return with even stronger henchmen than the one whom Kembu had just faced last night. As such, this morning, he didn’t bother to help his family reconstruct the parts of the house that had been damaged by the fighting, though normally he would have. Instead, he was boarding a ship that his father had rented.

Kembu’s mother was very much opposed to this course of action, but his father was proud of him. Kembu was the only fighter in the family, so it all fell on him. The responsibility was his, and he did what was necessary. He was flying to a place called “Namek” in the Alpha Galaxy. Namekians were known as a peaceful race, but it was also said that they were strong warriors. Such an excellent combination was bound to be helpful to Kembu. He could form an alliance with a strong Namek and convince that person to return to the planet Konats with him on his spaceship. In his eyes, the fate of his own family and even his whole planet depended on it. He launched into outer space and soared toward his destination.

[Exit]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Typical Dragonball Scene   Typical Dragonball Scene Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Typical Dragonball Scene
Page 1 of 1